Pancake Tuesday is nearly upon us; when eating pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner is perfectly acceptable!
Mental Health Ireland promote positive mental health and what better way to do that than with a smile. So this Pancake Tuesday we want you to make your pancake smile!
Pancake Tuesday is the 17th of February this year. We are asking everyone buying and making pancakes at home, in work or with friends on Shrove Tuesday to have a bit of fun and dress your pancake with a smile.
To get involved in the #smileypancake campaign just follow these simple five steps.
- Make or buy your pancake…. We won’t judge either way!
- Make your pancake smile using fruit, Nutella, peanut butter, savoury fillings… the list is endless…. Get creative!
- Photograph your #smileypancake creation with your phone, making sure you get the lighting just perfect!
- Upload it to which ever social media site you use be it Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the all-important #smileypancake tag, and then…
- We would be very grateful if you could text MHI to 50300 to donate €4 to Mental Health Ireland or if your local Mental Health Association is hosting an event please support it with a local donation.
Don’t forget to add #smileypancake in your post and if you did donate please include it and let your friends and followers know.
Orla Barry, CEO of Mental Health Ireland said “The #smileypancake social media posts will hopefully provide a space for people to talk about positive mental health and create awareness of mental health in our social circles. We hope everyone has lots of fun with this fundraising campaign and we look forward to seeing all the creative #smileypancakes on Feb 17th.
The money raised nationally will help fund Mental Health Ireland’s annual Post Primary Art and Photography Competitions which target every secondary school nationwide.
To donate €4 to Mental Health Ireland please text MHI to 50300 or you can donate via our donate button on our website www.mentalhealthireland.ie
100% of your donation goes to Mental Health Ireland across most network operators. Some operators apply VAT which means a minimum of €3.25 will go to MHI. Service Provider: likecharity. Helpline: 0766805278